Short period qualification grants available for NVQ and SVQ Levels 2 and above
Grants are now available for the achievement of approved short-period qualifications of core industry construction skills.
The grants are available for courses including NVQ and SVQ Levels 2 and above and National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety. Whilst individual achievements that form part of long-period qualifications or apprenticeships are not eligible, the qualifications can be delivered in several different ways including the following:
- through on-site assessment (OSAT)
- through experienced worker practical assessment (EWPA)
- by distance and e-learning
- outside conventional working hours (evenings or weekends)
If you’re registered with CITB and meet the eligibility requirements as well as a directly employed Pay As You Earn (PAYE) employee/subcontractor you’ll be able to claim £600 for each achievement, up to a maximum of 2 achievements at each level per individual.
For more information, as well as a full list of qualifications available for the grant click here.
- New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched 4th February 2019
- New Technologies and their Impact on the Construction Industry 14th January 2019
- CITB to sell CPCS, outsourcing jobs in Norfolk 30th November 2018
- Short period qualification grants available for NVQ and SVQ Levels 2 and above 26th November 2018
- CSCS withdrawing Construction Site Visitor Card 10th September 2018