CITB to sell CPCS, outsourcing jobs in Norfolk
CITB will be selling its Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) to NOCN Group, an awarding organisation. As part of the sale, all CPCS-related jobs in Norfolk will be retained as well as all CPCS-mobile roles.
NOCN Group make the purchase after having acquired the Cskills Awards scheme last year from CITB, who have made the move to sell as part of their Vision 2020 programme of reform. The transition is expected to happen in two phases, with completion expected by August 2019, subject to all parties being ready.
Graham Hasting-Evans, Managing director of NOCN Group, said: “With this acquisition, NOCN Group continues to build its education and skills investment in the construction sector. NOCN has successfully integrated Cskills Awards to become the premium construction qualifications brand, now it welcomes CPCS into the group to widen its product range further. This will give the plant industry a single organisation to go to for its skills needs, increasing the speed and cost-effectiveness of the journey into work. We will retain the CPCS business in Norfolk to ensure continuity, keeping jobs local and protecting livelihoods.”
- New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched 4th February 2019
- New Technologies and their Impact on the Construction Industry 14th January 2019
- CITB to sell CPCS, outsourcing jobs in Norfolk 30th November 2018
- Short period qualification grants available for NVQ and SVQ Levels 2 and above 26th November 2018
- CSCS withdrawing Construction Site Visitor Card 10th September 2018