New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched
In a collaboration between the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity, construction software firm ‘COINS’ and ‘Building Mental Health’, a new ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app has been launched with the attempt to address construction work-related illness.
The app will provide information, advice and guidance on many of the wellbeing issues such as stress, depression and anxiety. Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity said the following:
The app complements our existing 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline and is aimed at construction workers and their families. We recognise that not everyone feels comfortable talking about their feelings or personal situation, so the ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app is aimed at people who would like to find out more information about how they can perhaps help themselves or if necessary, take the next step in seeking professional help. It is a preventative tool and provides support at the initial stages of a situation so that the problem does not reach a life critical stage.
- New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched 4th February 2019
- New Technologies and their Impact on the Construction Industry 14th January 2019
- CITB to sell CPCS, outsourcing jobs in Norfolk 30th November 2018
- Short period qualification grants available for NVQ and SVQ Levels 2 and above 26th November 2018
- CSCS withdrawing Construction Site Visitor Card 10th September 2018