New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched
In a collaboration between the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity, construction software firm ‘COINS’ and ‘Building Mental Health’, a new ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app has been launched with the attempt to address construction work-related illness.
The app will provide information, advice and guidance on many of the wellbeing issues such as stress, depression and anxiety. Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity said the following:
The app complements our existing 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline and is aimed at construction workers and their families. We recognise that not everyone feels comfortable talking about their feelings or personal situation, so the ‘Construction Industry Helpline’ app is aimed at people who would like to find out more information about how they can perhaps help themselves or if necessary, take the next step in seeking professional help. It is a preventative tool and provides support at the initial stages of a situation so that the problem does not reach a life critical stage.
- Occupational Work Supervision NVQ Clarification Issued 21st May 2019
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Positive Body Image 13th May 2019
- Updated Health, safety and environment test launching June 18th April 2019
- CITB sells its Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) to NOCN Group 13th March 2019
- New App supporting Construction Worker’s Mental Health Launched 4th February 2019